Last year Thule has sent me the Thule Upslope 35L so we can take it with us on our trip to test it. On our trip to Northern Norway this January I finally had a chance to test it and here are my first thoughts about this daypack (my wife has also used it before on some trips). We had the Upslope backpack with us in Hammerfest, in Alta and on our winter camping trip.
What did I pack into the Upslope 35?
I carried my Sony A7, Sennheiser 600, Rycote Windjammer, Thermos bottle, sweater, rain jacket, water bottle and small items like my phone and wallet with me. I also had my Logitech Key-to-Go keyboard with me which I connected to my iPhone to write this article. On one trip I also packed a Manfrotto BeFree tripod into the backpack as well.
- The pockets on the hip-belt offered plenty of space to carry a half liter bottle, gloves and a hat.
- The main compartment offered plenty of room for my camera, Devold Nansen sweater, microphone and windjammer.
- The front pocket offered space for another jacket.
- The smaller pocket between the main compartment and the front pocket was great to store my wallet and my iPhone.
- The mesh pocket inside the main compartment offered space for additional smaller gear.
- I was able to attach a carabiner with my Thermos bottle on it to the backpack.
- The backpack is comfortable to carry.
- Hip- and chest belt made carrying the backpack quite comfortable.
- Plenty of attachment points.
- Top handle designed to easily carry the backpack with gloves.
- The zippers can be opened easily while wearing gloves.
- The backpack has no mesh on the backside so I was sweating a bit while walking up a hill. On the other hand this backpack is made for the winter.
Still needs to be tested
I have not tested yet to carry any skis or snowshoes with it. I have also not tested the net to attach a helmet to the backpack.
I really like the Thule Upslope 35L backpack. It offers plenty of space and is comfortable to carry. The color looks great too and makes you visible in the snow. I think that it also has just the right size for a daypack.
You can get the Thule Upslope on Amazon.And if you have some time ...
➽ Visit us on Instagram.
➽ See our gear recommendations.
Advertising Disclosure: This content uses affiliate links. Read for more info.