I use an insulated lightweight Thermos Bottle to carry some warm tea or coffee with me which I can enjoy during my breaks while I go for hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing or snowshoeing. Usually, I take a Thermos Bottle with me if my trips are rather short so there is no need for me to take a camping stove and a gas canister with me which also saves some weight. This week we went to Finnish Lapland with our Thermos bottle which we received for testing purposes. In general we were quite happy to have warm tea with us spending the whole day outside with temperatures on average around -10 C and cold wind during the day.
On our second day in Lapland we used the Thermos bottle while cross-country skiing.
On the third day we went snowshoeing.
Where we had a break in a Tipi which we found on our trip.
On the fourth day we went snowshoeing on the top of the the Fells where we enjoyed a warm cup of tea which helped to warm up our body temperature in the cold Fell winds.
- Easy to open/close.
- Very little that can go wrong.
- No chance for mechanical failure / one whole item and not moveable / stopper on the top
- Size: good for 2 people or 1 person for whole day
- Temperature stays warm but needs to be tested for 24 hours (we have tested it for about 8 hours being outside)
- Cup on top is rather big and comfortable to drink from
- No plastic taste
- Having used it for a week we couldn’t find any traces of brown tea spots inside of the bottle.
- Handle is easy to carry especially if you are wearing gloves. Without the handle it would be more difficult to hold the bottle with gloves.
Folding the handle / making the bottle compact takes a bit of time. Top ring connected to the the bottle doesn’t want to move that easily preventing the handle from folding in neatly. Requires some effort to move it into the right position.
Size of the Thermos bottle Stainless Steel 1.2l (40 oz / 692 grams) compared to the compact Thermos 1l bottle (32 oz / 523 grams).
This bottle fits easily into any backpack and also has a useful handle. This Thermos bottle feels high quality and should last for a couple of years. Personally, I think smaller bottles than the 1l version does not make any sense since the weight difference is really not worth to mention and you can stay longer outdoors as well. Can’t wait to use my Thermos bottle again on my next winter hiking trip.
You can get the Thermos Bottle on Amazon.And if you have some time ...
➽ Visit us on Instagram.
➽ See our gear recommendations.
Advertising Disclosure: This content uses affiliate links. Read for more info.