I use affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. I list interesting gear on my Amazon Page.
Here comes our first issue of our Outdoor Books Guide where you can find the latest and most interesting books about outdoor activities, adventures and photography in 2020.
Disclosure: We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases which helps us to keep this blog running.
1. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
Cheryl Strayed walks eleven-hundred miles of the west coast of America without any experience in long distance hiking.
2. Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
Learn the most important skills to craft resources from your surroundings.
3. Astoria: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson’s Lost Pacific Empire: A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival
Astoria is a three-year true-adventure story of the 1810 Astor Expedition.
4. The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon
Maybe a must have if you are a fan of the Grand Canyon and Rafting.
5. America’s Great Hiking Trails: Appalachian, Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, North Country, Ice Age
This book covers 50,000 miles of trails in the US through 49 states and 8 national parks.
6. Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia: Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Boating, Wilderness Survival, First Aid
Do-it-yourself guide for the outdoors enthusiast with over 1300 photographs and 1000 illustrations.
7. Buried in the Sky: The Extraordinary Story of the Sherpa Climbers on K2’s Deadliest Day
Book based on Interview about the story of 2 sherpas who survived the day when eleven climbers lost their lives on K2 in August 2008.
8. Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster
Story about the May 1996 disaster on the Mount Everest.
9. GoPro: Professional Guide to Filmmaking
Need a book on how to learn to take professional videos on your GoPro during your outdoor adventures? This book may be worth a try.
10. Touching the Void: The True Story of One Man’s Miraculous Survival
Story on surviving the Peruvian Andes.
11. On the Edge: The Art of High-Impact Leadership
Leadership skills based on the authors adventures.
12. The Calling: A Life Rocked by Mountains
Book about the authors mountaineering life on climbing in the Canadian Rockies and Himalaya.
13. National Geographic Stunning Photographs
Great Photography from around the world.
14. Reinhold Messner: My Life at the Limit
Life story of Reinhold Messner