At Luke’s Ultralite we specialise in making the lightest possible in backpacking gear, by using the latest in materials. Most of my products are sewn but when necessary or more practical a bonding method is used, like in our cuben fiber products. If you see any product you would like to see in a different size or any custom addition this can more than likely be accommodated via email or calling me personally. My number is 614-403-2476.
WHY DID YOU START YOUR COMPANY
I originally started making gear for myself and my camping friends. My friends liked the gear, gave me suggestions for additional gear to manufacture and the business took off from there. The key was knowing what the camping community needed and wanted.
WHAT ARE THE 3 BIGGEST BENEFITS TO YOUR TARGET CUSTOMERS AND WHY?
- All items are individually made and hand crafted
- Lite weight gear appeals to both UL hikers and older hikers looking for an easier hiking experience
- All items are made in the USA
These benefits seem to be appealing to my new and many repeat customers
WHAT ARE THE 3 TOP QUESTIONS ASKED BY YOUR CUSTOMERS?
- What is the turnaround time?
- Can I make special alterations and uncommon sizes
- Can you make special products not listed on your website
I try to accommodate all customers requests within a timely manner
TELL ME ABOUT A DAY IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE AND AFTER YOU STARTED YOUR COMPANY?
Before I started my business I worked for an employer and today I work for myself which gives me the ability to be creative and design my own products.
WHAT TIPS CAN YOU RECOMMEND THAT YOU’D ONLY SHARE WITH A CLOSE FRIEND AND EVERYONE VISITING YOUR WEBSITE?
If you would like to, personally discuss with me what you want as the finished product and allow me the time to produce it.
WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE NEXT BIG CHANGES IN YOUR INDUSTRY WITHIN THE NEXT 3-5 YEARS
Advances in the types of materials used for camping gear and the equipment used to produce it.
HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED DURING YOUR DARKEST HOUR?
Having served in Afghanistan with a Special Operations Team and going through many things in my life I stay motivated to not have dark hours in my life.
WHAT ARE 3 LIFE MEMORIES YOU RECALL MOST FREQUENTLY AND WHY?
- At a young age and being a Boy Scout completing multiple hikes with my friends on the Appalachian Trail in N.C. and then going on to earn the Eagle Scout Award
- Enjoying water sports on Lake Keowee in S.C.
- Having the opportunity to experience the birth of our daughter Grace
Read more about Lukes Ultralite Clothing at www.lukesultralite.com