We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases which helps us to keep this blog running.
Read more about us.
A few months ago we received the Thule Atmos X5 iPhone 6 case from Thule which we have tested on our trips this year. Since we are approaching 2017 it’s time to write a short review about our experience with the Thule Atmos X5.
In general we were quite happy with the Thule Atmos X5. The Thule X5 case is waterproof. However, we have not tested yet if the case would be waterproof as well if we would submerge it for a longer time in 1-2 meters but for our regular packrafting use we could not find any faults at all. We also did not perform any specific drop test but once Patrick’s phone dropped from 1 meter and it did not have any impact on the phone.
- The Thule X5 is durable.
- You can access the headset and charging ports without removing the whole case.
- The case is lightweight.
- The wrist strap makes sure that you don’t accidentally drop or lose your phone.
- Has a good grip in your hands.
- The microphone does not work if the case is closed.
- It’s not that easy to remove the phone from the case.